Harry Connick, Jr. is mentoring the Idols tonight as they sing songs from 2013 and then the old standards. Like the songs that Randy grew up on...
AMERICAN IDOL TOP 4
1) Songs from 2013
As a reminder, here's how the Prognosticats rate the contestants every week:
Songs from 2013
Download music from your favorite past Idols at iTunes!
• Some good advice from Harry about thinking about the lyrics and not just figuring out where to put runs. The Idols have heard that a lot this year, more than I ever remember, and there are a lot of other young wannabe stars who would also do well to heed that advice. The melody is enough.
• I wouldn't be unhappy to see any one of these four ladies win; they're all great. And quite sparkly.
• Maybe if Nicki weren't so long-winded, we could get this thing done in an hour instead of two.
• I wouldn't mind seeing Keith and Mariah again next year. Time for Randy to go, and take that other thing with you.
• Tonight's debate between Randy and Harry—we have to go with Harry, of course. He's a singer. Randy's a...what is Randy again?
Download the American Idol app from the App Store (click on the button below):
Join us tomorrow night to find out who gets "scratched"!