Historically, the Lennon-McCartney songbook night on American Idol has been a grab bag of both moving tributes (remember "Imagine" by David Archuleta?) and what can only be described as terrible-but-we've-just-gotta-watch-it-again train wrecks ("Eight Days a Week" by Kristy Lee Cook ring a bell?). Can the season 12 hopefuls show us more of the former and less of the latter? Let's find out.
Oh, wait, first we need to find out whether Charlie Askew or Aubrey Cleland won the spot on the summer tour. It's going to be...
Oh yeah, another thing: Win an iTunes gift card by playing "Guess What Randy's Pin Means" in the comments below! Go
Oops, one MORE thing! Like us and share on Facebook!
Okay, let's get on with it...
As a reminder, here's how the Prognosticats rate the contestants every week:
• Points to Burnell for admitting that he didn't know the Beatles like he should.
• Paul is too forgettable; I forgot who he was halfway through his song.
• Poor Lazaro looks scared to death. He's sweet but I don't think he'll be with us much longer.
• Did Mariah fall asleep in the tanning booth?
• This is the first time in many years that I feel the judges are earning their pay. They're giving constructive criticism with honesty, and in most cases, with kindness.
Zinni: He can't wait to get home to watch SpongeBob?
Zinni: He's going to clock Devin Velez and steal his shoes?
Make your guesses in the comments below and win an iTunes gift card!
Join us tomorrow night to find out who gets "scratched"!